Lindow Hall

Purpose & Function

More information to follow ...

Documents

Saturday 14 January 2017

The Lindow Hall

The Hall itself was built in 1910 with funds contributed by local farmers and businessmen.
During the last century the separate front rooms with toilets were joined together with the main hall in one building and a side entrance constructed to give access directly into the main hall.
 
In preparation for the centenary in 2010 the hall received major upgrades to rectify structural defects and enable the hall to comply with modern legislation. This has subsequently been improved on again in 2013-14 to meet accommodation and planning requirements with carpets added to the kitchen/small meeting room plus the upstairs sleeping area.
 
Grant money for this most recent work has been received from the National Lottery: Save Our Village fund, Cumbria Waste Management, Hatfield Trust and others.
 
Toilet facilities are now available to walkers and visitors free of charge thanks to cleaning grants from the local Allerdale District Council and Bowness Parish.